POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Metric redux : Re: Metric redux Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metric redux
From: scott
Date: 15 Oct 2008 03:09:37
Message: <48f59731$1@news.povray.org>
> In the UK, aren't speeds in KPH, but signs in miles?

No both are in miles, but most cars sold in the UK have km/hr on the
dashboard too, incase you feel like taking your car over to a neighboring
country.  Funnily enough, neighboring countries usually *only* have km/hr,
so if you decide to drive in the UK you have to work out the mph as you go
along :-)

Working out the MPG is hard yes, when I lived in the UK I used to write the
amount of litres and miles down each time I filled up.  Every so often I
would take the list indoors and figure out the MPGs with a
computer/calculator.  Working out the litres/100km fuel economy is much
simpler, and you can do it qutie accurately in your head whilst driving
without needing any conversion factors!